Fiat Ducato 1995 - Motor startet nicht - engine won't start

• Glow plug system is visible on the board. The indicator comes on and then switches off, as normal.

For diesel availability at injection nozzles, how can I check this?

• Remove the nut on top of the nozzle with care and pull back the feed line a little.

Place paper or linen towels around the nozzle to catch the diesel.

But first check if the crash switch is not in „fuel cut off“ position.

It is possible that you accidentally touched him during battery replacement and he tripped to „off“.

Bin da, kann losgehen :hack

• Thanks! If you have pics of where the nozzle and fuel cut offs are, it would help me. For now, I've looked in the proximity of the battery on left side of engine and can't find anything and looked on internet for clues. It's dark now and I'll have a look tomorrow morning only.

• Hello,

Ille think the last answer will be helpfull.

Behind the Starter Batterie, you will find a security swich. Its the FPS, Fire-Protection-Swich, or System, in the Bord-Manual.

Look for that and push the button on the upperside one time down.

The Swich has a Membrane on the Upperside. In the Middle of the Membrane you must take it down :wink

Best Regards Emil

• I've tried again today. It seems to almost start, as I press the acceleration and no longer press the key for the starter. As it starts though - and there's a bit of black smoke coming out - it then stops immediately. I've tried to unscrew the container holding the fire protection system button to take a closer look at why it doesn't stay pressed down and it's in a spot very difficult to access, no success there either.

• The engine starts if you press the protection switch permanent ?

Seems it is defect.

Geht da jemand mit das der Schalter ne Macke hat und nicht hält ?

• The engine starts if you press the protection switch permanent ?

Seems it is defect.

Geht da jemand mit das der Schalter ne Macke hat und nicht hält ?

Normalerweise zentriert sich beim betätigen in einem Trichter, verbindet dann Kontakte.

Ja, der scheint defekt zu sein :wink

Gruss Emil

• Try to fix a nut on top of the switch with a tye wrap that the switch is pressed as temporary solution and for verification that the switch is the root cause.