Ducato 244 larger 135L fuel tank

Die Möglichkeit zur Neuregistrierung wird am 2.04.2024 wieder frei gegeben.
Frohe Ostern uns ALLEN
  • Hello from Finland!

First of all, sorry that I don't speak german. And my english isn't perfect neither. But I would like to ask you something according to the ducato larger fuel tank. I found this thread in this forum but it was locked. And this is the thing what I was looking for.

135 Liter Tank, großer Dieseltank

I have looking for the larger tank now few months, but allways left by empty handed. I contact the Augustin group, but they inform me that they cannot offer me the tank anymore. I contact the Goldschmitt company also, but they haven't answer me nothing yet.

So my question for you guys would be that do you have any ideas where I could find the tank? New or used.

If someone could help me to find that tank, I promise that if me meet someday I will offer a beer! : cheers^^

• Hi volo ?

Or what else ur name is.....

This was my thread and if u wanna have a good chance to find a seller for the big tank, contact Kuhn Autotechnik. They are the real producer of that kinda tank.

Another member of this forum has ordered this tank last year and they also put it in.

Any more questions? No problem, feel free to contact me

Greetings Sven

• Holy smoly! There it is!:perdono

I will contact that company for sure. I have -03 model 2.8JTD motor home, so I think that I need the commonrail version of those tanks.

There is "only commonrail" and "not the commonrail" versions. What is the differens of those two, I don't know. But if i email them, I think that they can tell me. The price is not bad 499€. Here in Finland, when those tanks where still available the price was 750€ ^^

Did I understand the site right, that those tanks have TUV proved to Fiat model? That is also important for me, because of legal issues in Finland.

But if i get the proper tank there for my car, I'm sure i own a beer for you guys! :prost

• Yes, that tank is legal!

U need the commonrail version, as it has different dimensions and shape of the "hole" for the Tankgeber(/edit :fuel level sending unit, thanks to Blaubär!) (sorry, i dont have the right word for it. Edit :now i have, but will not recognice this in a few days ?) . Also different is, that the commonrail version has a cooling pipe for the fuel running back and the package comes with adapter stuff.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von lotte2014 (24. Januar 2020 um 12:04)

• Hello,

I also had the tank installed there.

I then received proof from the TÜV regarding the admissibility and correct installation.

Including installation and proof, I paid almost 850 euros.

Gruß aus Bremen,
    Heiko,

Hymer B 774 auf Ducato 244, Bj 2005, 94 KW / 128 PS, 2,8 JTD,

• Thanks guys for the the help. Now i know the diffences of those two tanks and got the comfirm that the commonrail version is tank I need. Last night i send the email to the company, now just waiting for their response. :thumbup:

• Hi again!

Still waiting answer from the company to my email, but mayby soon couse the weekend is now over.

One thing i was thinking in past weekend. What kind of informations there is in that TUV proof or paper which is provided with the tank? :/ My friend have one of those TUV paper couse he ordered his tank several years ago. And that paper has all the informations he needed to get the tank added to his car identification paper. In that TUV paper was listed car models and types. Fiat, Citroën, Peugeot, etc. I have picture about that paper.

Just thinking that if i would know what kind of informations the TUV what they provide have, I could ask our law inforcement are they all I need before I order the tank.

This kind of wondering this time. ^^

• Hi again!

Still waiting answer from the company to my email, but mayby soon couse the weekend is now over.

One thing i was thinking in past weekend. What kind of informations there is in that TUV proof or paper which is provided with the tank? :/ My friend have one of those TUV paper couse he ordered his tank several years ago. And that paper has all the informations he needed to get the tank added to his car identification paper. In that TUV paper was listed car models and types. Fiat, Citroën, Peugeot, etc. I have picture about that paper.

Just thinking that if i would know what kind of informations the TUV what they provide have, I could ask our law inforcement are they all I need before I order the tank.

This kind of wondering this time. ^^

Have u read my thread? I posted all the papers come with the tank

Greetings Sven

• Now they answer the email and the answer was that "no longer available". Nothing else.

Crab.. This is just my luck.. The website shows the tank and there is green circle with it, which I understood that it means "in stock". But it seems that it's false information. :/:(

Just when I started to come hopefull with this.

• I also looked for the large tank for the 244 JTD again, but found nothing. My demand at Axel Augustin Group was also negative, the only supplier "Kuhn" no longer delivers these tanks, but you already knew that

you may be lucky enough to find such a tank at a used parts dealer

Gruß Martin
    :ubria ______________________________________ :prost

• Yes it seems that the used parts is now only option for me.

And now my new question would be that could you fellow ducato friends tell me what sites I should be start looking for.

I mean something german sites where is used parts selled? Of course I know ebay, Amazon, etc. But if there is some (I don't know how to say it ^^) german inner sites. In Finland we have example Tori.fi, nettimarkkina.fi or varaosahaku.fi

If you could tip me the sites where to look and search the possible tanks.

Cheers,

Teemu

• Yes, I think also that Fusion is the manufacturer. My friend who has the larger tank in his rv, he have TUV document what says that manufacture is goldschmitt/Fusion.

I checked this Fusion and it seems that it's Australia. If there isn't some same name company somewhere else. :/

Now i found one place in Netherland who sale these tanks, but I think I get there the same answer to my email what I have been getting everyone else also. ^^

https://www.camperpassie.nl/grote-brandsto…jtd-en-hdi.html

• That is remarcable!

In my documents, came with the tank, the producers name was called Goldschmitt!

There was a litle bit of discussion after posting this, cause many thaught, Kuhn would be the original producer of that kinda tank....

Question : is that another Goldschmitt, not that one with the suspension spezialisation for CampingCar?